The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education announced the eight winners of this year’s Gold Star Schools. This program recognizes public schools that perform at high academic levels or that perform at high levels while serving a significant proportion of disadvantaged students.
Established in 1991, the Gold Star Schools program aligns with the National Blue Ribbon Schools Program sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education. The Gold Star Schools program uses the same criteria for nomination as the National Blue Ribbon Schools program. Recipients of the state’s award were nominated for national Blue Ribbon recognition. The National Blue Ribbon Schools Program recognizes public and private elementary, middle and high schools based on their overall academic excellence or their progress in closing achievement gaps among student subgroups.
Congratulations to this year’s recipients, including six EducationPlus members:
- Barbara Blanchard Elementary, Cape Girardeau 63 School District
- Ralph M. Captain Elementary, School District of Clayton
- Ladue Middle School, Ladue School District
- Truman Middle School, Lindbergh Schools
- New Haven High School, New Haven School District
- McKelvey Elementary School, Parkway C-2 School District
- West Middle School, Parkway C-2 School District
- Kennard Classical Junior Academy, St. Louis Public Schools
The U.S. Department of Education announces the Blue Ribbon Schools this fall.