The Cultural Proficiency Institute is designed to bring educators together to discuss issues of diversity, equity, access and opportunity. Participants in this two-day institute, offered in partnership with Corwin Press, will:
• Learn the four tools of Cultural Proficiency
• Deepen their understanding of Cultural Proficiency as a framework to eliminate the achievement gap
• Develop strategies to inquire more deeply into their own practices and embrace culture as an asset
• Receive tools to help mediate conversations with colleagues, students, parents
• Understand how bias contributes to and impacts ethical decision making for children and their families, contributing to disproportionate education, health and other outcomes
Shift the culture of your school, district and community by learning a research-based framework designed to improve the nature of instruction and enhance teacher effectiveness, heighten achievement for all students and build capacity to sustain long-term change.
Registration is open now for the June 22-23 event and closes when it either reaches capacity or on June 8. The institute will take place at Lafayette High School in the Rockwood School District. The cost is $399 for EdPlus members, while the standard price is $449. To learn more about LearningLab opportunities and Grow Thy Impact, visit our website.