Bolivar R-I School District, Brentwood School District, Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, Gold Star Schools, Kirkwood R-VII School District, Lee's Summit R-VII School District, Lindbergh Schools, National Blue Ribbon Schools, Nixa R-II School District, Spokane R-VII School District, Willow Springs R-IV School District
Missouri’s Gold Star Schools program identifies schools that are performing at a high level academically, or who are making exceptional progress while serving a significant proportion of disadvantaged students. This year, eight high-achieving public schools were designated Gold Star Schools. Congratulations to:
- Bolivar High School, Bolivar R-I School District
- Brentwood High School, Brentwood School District
- Lee’s Summit West High School, Lee’s Summit R-VII School District
- Nixa High School, Nixa R-II School District
- Sappington Elementary School, Lindbergh Schools
- Spokane High School, Spokane R-VII School District
- Willow Springs High School, Willow Springs R-IV School District
- W.W. Keysor Elementary School, Kirkwood R-VII School District
Gold Star Schools was established by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. The rigorous criteria of the program is aligned with the national Blue Ribbon Schools program sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education. The listed recipients of the Gold Star award have been nominated for Blue Ribbon recognition. The Blue Ribbon Schools Program also recognizes schools whose students achieve at very levels, or schools that make significant progress in closing the achievement gap. The Blue Ribbon Schools Program sets a standard of excellence for all schools striving for the highest level of achievement.
Blue Ribbon Schools will be announced this fall by the U.S. Department of Education.