As part of Cooperating School Districts continued professional development on Common Core State Standards and Next Generation Assessments, we welcome educator, national speaker, and author Meg Ormiston to St. Louis this summer. Meg has produced a 5-day tech camp to specifically focus on the skills needed to transition to the Common Core State Standards and the Next Generation Assessments.
From July 15-19, educators will be at CSD, creating projects that are aligned to Common Core, and using digital tools that will keep a classroom buzzing with engaged students.
The sessions will be hands-on, fast-paced and relevant to teachers today. Participants are encouraged to bring materials they would like to redesign into technology rich projects. Sessions will focus on the skills a teacher needs to actively engage students in a 21st Century classroom:
• Designing lessons that align to the Common Core State Standards identified at their grade level.
• Analyzing, selecting, and organizing appropriate online resources.
• Synthesizing various assessment options and apply authentic assessment strategies to technology rich projects.
• Analyzing best practices as it applies to all literacy (visual, media, information, and digital).
• Analyzing and reflecting on best practice as it applies to literacy and math across the curriculum.
• Becoming involved in active, professional research exploring new ways to expand their personal learning network.
This camp is bring your own device- ‘BYOD’. Register online, space is limited. The cost is $350 for CSD members and $450 for non-members.