Best Practices, Cooperating School Districts, CSD Scholarship Award, Ladue School District, Lindbergh Schools, Monte Selby, Ritenour School District, St. Louis Public Schools, St. Louis Regional Professional Development Center, Winfield School District
Honoring Teachers, Classrooms and Schools that Get Results is the theme of the sixth annual Best Practices Conference from Cooperating School Districts and the St. Louis Regional Professional Development Center.
[the conference has been postponed; check back for the new date]
The conference is a full day shared best practices on November 1, 2012 at the St. Charles Convention Center. Participants will hear noted keynote Monte Selby, as well as educators in the St. Louis metro area, whose practices are making a difference for students and teachers, like:
- Don Goble, Ladue School District, on media literacy
- Stella Viehland, John Fortney and Jennifer Witzig, Lindbergh Schools, on high school professional development
- Patricia Ulrich, Ritenour School District, on systems thinking
- Gregory Taylor, St. Louis Public Schools, on creating and using classroom websites for differentiation
- Tom McCracken and Diana Lehmkuhl, Winfield School District, on a summer academy as high school intervention
- plus other education professionals from CSD and the RPDC, and districts large & small
In addition to his morning address, Dr. Selby presents again in the afternoon. Conference participants, school board members and superintendents are invited to a special session- “Commuter Time Conversation“– featuring the conference keynote speaker from 4 to 5:15 p.m. Using an informal roundtable format, guests will be able to engage in an open dialogue conversation with Dr. Selby with issues and challenges facing classroom teachers.
For those conference participants, school board members, superintendents, and professional developers who are interested, the CSD Fall Conference is the evening of November 1st, immediately following the Commuter Time Conversation. Dr. Selby presents for a third time, exploring strategies used by administrators to successfully lead schools. In addition, there is a short business meeting, and CSD Scholarship Award recipients will be honored, and dinner is served. Dr. Selby’s closing address promises to be inspiring and motivating.
To register for Best Practices and/or the CSD Fall Conference, visit www.csd.org/pd_programs and go to November calendar dates.