Cooperating School Districts, CSD Health Insurance Trust Scholarship, CSD Scholarship Awards, Gary K. Wright Insurance Trust Scholarship, Gerald D. Troester Scholarship, John Oldani Scholarship, Professional Development, Robert D. Elsea Scholarship
The CSD Scholarship Awards were established to assist highly deserving teachers to continue their professional development. Each year, applications are available through an online link from September 20 through October 14. Below are some (but not all) of the guidelines for submitting an application; click here to see full set of requirements for participation. Here are five scholarships awarded:
- Robert D. Elsea Scholarship—an award established in honor of Dr. Elsea, who served as CSD’s Executive Director for 21 years (1966-1987).
- Gerald D. Troester Scholarship—an award established in honor of Dr. Troester, who served as CSD’s Executive Director for 5 years (1987-1992).
- Gary K. Wright Insurance Trust Scholarship—an award established in honor of Dr. Wright, who served as CSD’s Executive Director for 9 years (1992-2001).
- John Oldani Scholarship—an award established in honor of Dr. Oldani, who served as CSD’s Executive Director for 6 years (2001-2007).
- CSD Health Insurance Trust Scholarship—an award sponsored by the school districts participating in CSD’s Health Insurance Trust.
Full-time teachers employed by CSD member school districts are eligible to be considered; the awards consist of a $1,500 stipend that must be used to further the recipient’s professional development, with emphasis on improving student performance. (The award may not be used for coursework toward an advanced degree). The awards are given on an annual basis and the scholarship program is reviewed every five years. In addition to the monetary award, the recipient will have his/her name placed on a plaque and the Executive Director of CSD is the custodian of this plaque.
The awards are presented by the Board of Directors at the annual Best Practices Conference Dinner Meeting of School Board Members and Superintendents. The Best Practices Conference is November 1, 2012 at the St. Charles Convention Center. The recipient is required to present a workshop, program or breakout session at one of CSD’s major conferences once attendance/participation in the conference/workshop, educational travel or professional development activity is complete.
This year, all nominations must be submitted via the online application form on or before Sunday, October 14. Each nomination must be accompanied by a completed application showing scholarly achievements, personal accomplishments and professional qualifications. In addition, all applications are required to include a letter of support from the superintendent. For more information on these scholarships, please visit www.csd.org and view “CSD in the News.”